Friday, August 01, 2008

Two 'New' Things at our house ....

First .... Dalton has a new set of eyes!
I took the kids for their eye exams before school starts and discovered Dalton's eyes had changed quite a bit from last year. I really hadn't noticed him having any trouble. It just broke my heart to realize he had inherited my eyesight.
We picked up the new frames on Tuesday. He put them on for a minute .... looked in the mirror.... took them off and put them in his new case. I thought to myself that this may be a long battle so I asked him to try them on one more time so they could check their fit before we left..... well that was honestly the last time he has taken them off other than bedtime.
I think he quickly realized that his world was totally different around him!
The first thing he said was, 'Mom, things don't look fuzzy like I thought they were supposed to!'
Then this one really got me .... he was doing something on the computer up on the loft and he asked me to come and let him show me something... I was starting supper so I walked around to the great room and looked up at him and he looked over and said, 'MOM! I can see you!'
Oh that hurt! I had no idea ......
I really think starting school with them will be easier than getting them mid year! He hasn't seen a lot of friends in his class during the summer and I am sure everyone has grown and changed! He worried about it before the glasses came, but has not mentioned it since.
He would NOT let me take his picture with them on when he first got them! I thought he looked so handsome..........so I finally 'tricked' him into taking a picture with Miley yesterday ... even though she wouldn't cooperate! ;0)



This is the other 'new' thing! Emma's Kindergarten haircut!! Thank goodness the 'mouse' didn't do it! She actually wanted it cut like this so it would be like Caroline's!

It just so fits her personality! She is so proud of it... although she wouldn't sit still long enough for me to take pictures of her to show it off! I caught these last night at VBS!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Of course I love the hair Miss Emma......and Dalton, I really love your new glasses! You look sooooo smart! You're like Ninny in so many ways...now, we both got glasses in 4th grade. Just another thing in common!