Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Purple Blanket ...

I really should have taken a picture of it, but honestly I didn't want to see it again right now! ;0)

I don't even really remember when Sandy and I noticed Emma clinging to her 'blankie', but it was definitely early on. We had a few times we had to go back to Sandy's to pick it up and/or trips back home to get it so we came up with a solution.... a Sandy's Blankie! The beloved blankie at home was pink so we chose a purple one just like it for Sandy's.

I honestly had not thought much more about it at all until yesterday .............................

Sandy is my Aunt and my kids' GREAT AUNT! She has been their childcare provider since they were old enough to go! This has kept me at Sandy's doorstep almost daily for almost 9 years!! When Dalton went to school Emma was right there in line to take his 'spot' so yesterday was a first!

The kids have had a teenage girl to come to the house to play with them over the summer so we really hadn't seen Sandy very much, but with the beginning of school and Sandy going back to work she invited Emma to come on Monday and Tuesday. Emma was so excited!

When I picked her up yesterday we were just chatting and then I saw out of the corner of my eye what Sandy was holding ....... the purple blankie. That was all it took.... we both were a mess. I didn't expect it to hit me so hard! It isn't like we will never see her..... I knew it wouldn't be the same! By now Emma is looking at us like we are completely crazy and finally says, 'Well let's just leave it here and I can get it next time!" Complete innocence!

We finally got it back together and went on, but my heart did kind of hurt a little this morning when I watched Emma slip her purple 'blankie' in her bookbag as we were getting out of the car to march to Kindergarten .......................................

0 comments: