Saturday, March 01, 2008

Anthem 5K Fitness Classic


The race begins!
There were 8040 registered runners! Yes ... eight thousand and forty runners!
It took me exactly 4:00 minutes to even get to the start line!



Me with my 'Parent-in-laws' at the finish line!
We formed our own Carter Trifecta!

Bob came in at 28:39, I followed at 30:53 and Deb sealed the deal at 40:05!
How cool is that!?

Bob asked me several months ago if I wanted to run the Papa John Triple Crown Race with him.... I said 'Sure'..... what' s that!? >insert laugh out loud< ;0) So he explained it was a 5k, 10k and a 15k! When we got home I asked Shannon exactly how far that was ......>insert gasp< I have never been a great running fan.... probably since I almost failed Tennis 101 in college because I couldn't run a 10 minute mile! ouch! So today.... I was proud of myself! I ran 3.1 miles in 30 minutes and 53 seconds. When I got home Emma said she was sorry that I didn't win the race, but it sure did not feel that way! I tried to explain to her how it felt and that winning was not the reason I wanted to go today! It felt great to do something that I could not (and probably did not) want to do in college 14 years ago!!

Hey ... what is up with being in the 30-34 year old category! How did I get there? gulp!


I survived and was very happy with my time for my first time out!

Any and all happy thoughts for me for part 2... the 10K.... in two weeks.... would be greatly appreciated!!
One step at a time..........



http://anthem5k.com/index.htm

Kellie Carter #1271

Monticello, KY
Age: 32 Gender: F
30:53
Distance5K
Clock Time34:53
Chip Time30:53
Overall Place3540
Gender Place1346
Division Place222
Age Grade48%

0 comments: