Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The 'Mouse' In Our House!!!!

Okay .... so I am not 100% convinced there is a 'real' mouse in our house ... maybe a rat .... maybe sly fox ... possibly a mischevious 3 year old!!!!!!

Emma and I started out the door today to go to story time and I hurried her into her bathroom to brush her teeth and her hair ..... It didn't take long for me to realize something was not exactly right .... maybe some hair missing?!

I tried not to panic .. . I asked Emma what happened to her hair .... 'nothing' she said! Okay .... I then asked, 'Did you cut your hair?' ....... 'No" she replied .........I tried again ...'WHO cut your hair?' She smugly replied, 'a MOUSE did'.

I just could not believe not only what I was seeing, but what I was hearing as well!

I marched her downstairs to see her Daddy and he met us in the kitchen!
He had overheard our conversation through the baby monitor so was bracing himself for the worst!

He patiently asked Emma all the same questions and finally after repeatedly telling us the mouse did it ..... we just asked 'okay .. where did the mouse cut your hair?'

One simple reply, 'In the bonus room'!

This is what we found.............................................behind the tv cabinet!



I instantly called our hairstylist and left her an urgent message to call me back!!!
Even being the scrapbook mom that I am ....I did not think to take a picture of the 'before/after' I think I was a little traumatized! Just a couple of hours later she was sitting in the beauty shop about to get a second haircut for the day!
Jennifer assured me that I should be very lucky the damage was not worse than it was!
She had made a 'clean' cut right below her right ear! It was quickly decided to just to cut the rest of the hair even with Emma's first haircut attempt ........and please let it be our last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So this is the result of the story.......................................





0 comments: